Monday, May 15, 2017

May 15, 2017 - The Churches of Cochabamba


The Churches of Cochabamba

Today’s blog is not going to be filled with a history lesson or a retelling of my adventures in exploration.  Instead I want you to see some of the beautiful churches of Cochabamba.  I don’t know the history of these churches.  I just know how beautiful they are.




Pray for the people of Cochabamba.  They are kind and helpful.  I had the feeling that if I lived here, I would have many friends.  Yet their churches are filled with images of Mary.  She is central to the religion here.  I have Catholic friends who believe in the crucifixion and resurrection of Christ.  He is the center of their lives.  I am sure that there are many here that are the same.  Yet Christ seems to have been replaced by Mary.  In my opinion, she is probably one of the greatest women that has ever lived, an example to all of us.  But I feel, if she were to walk in many of these churches, she would weep that the people worship her rather than her son.


I hope you will take a moment and pray for these people.



No comments:

Post a Comment

July 8, 2017 - Monte Blanco

Monte Blanco  Imagine sitting on a hill, under the blue skies with green farmlands stretched before you, surrounded by the hills of the ...