Saturday, May 20, 2017

May 20, 2017 - Blue Skies and Pink Trees


Blue Skies and Pink Trees.

It is lunch time on a Saturday afternoon.  I have been busy working on blogs for the upcoming week and the smell of lunch was making me hungry.  A notice popped up that the son of a former student, was posting a live video on Instagram.  He and I met almost two years ago, but accidentally we started following each other on Instagram a year ago before we knew who we were following.  He and I both like to take pictures.  I post dozens a week and he posts one or two really good ones.  If you want to see some good pictures and you have Instagram, check out santacruzdelasierraoficial. 


I was watching his video and realized he was outside my window, in the Plaza Blacutt.  I recognized the sidewalks, the trees, the flowers, the benches.  It is my little plaza.  I looked out the window and saw someone in yellow and black walking with a phone in his face.  I texted him that I could see him, but he never saw me through the trees. 


All week it had been dreary outside.  Yes, I know that 63 degrees is not cold for North Texas, but for Santa Cruz, Bolivia it is.  This week was so damp, my clothes were on the line for four days and never got sufficiently dry.  The wind was strong, so mixed with the dampness, it felt like a cold 40 degrees in Texas.  To top it off, there was very little sunshine.  I was beginning to get claustrophobic.


Seeing Diego’s video and looking out the window, I got jealous.  Why was he in MY plaza enjoying the sunshine?  I hurried through lunch and headed outside.  There was no reason to be jealous when I could enjoy the same beautiful sunshine.

I really didn’t do anything special on my outing; I just enjoyed the blue skies, sunshine, and pink toborochis.  The trees are blooming everywhere.  There is one in the Plaza Blacut that I commented on when I first arrived in Bolivia, because it was blooming.  I don’t remember who it was, but I was corrected.  It can’t be a toborochi, I was told.  Because they bloom in April.  That same toborochi was blooming in July last year.  I know what to look for now and I remember where I sat on my first day in Bolivia.

It was just a beautiful day for a walk.  I hope you enjoy the pictures.

Link to my books on my Amazon author page.


No comments:

Post a Comment

July 8, 2017 - Monte Blanco

Monte Blanco  Imagine sitting on a hill, under the blue skies with green farmlands stretched before you, surrounded by the hills of the ...